This is a three day weekend for many – high five! I’m sorry I’m late with this post, it’s been a crazy day. So without further delay I’ll get right to the point.
Free admission to National Parks Feb. 14 through Feb. 16 in honor of Presidents Day.
Go here for details.
Here are some nationwide events that I mentioned the other day:
Date & Time: Saturday at 10 a.m. to noon
Description: Drop in make and take craft, $2 per child for 30 minutes for ages 3 and up.
Go here to find a location near you.
Barnes & Noble
Date & Time: Saturday at 11 a.m.
Description: Storytime with Elmo & Sesame Street Friends + special activities after the storytime.
Go here to call your store to confirm participation.
Lowe’s Build & Grow
Date & Time: Saturday, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Description: RSVP required. Kids can build a Sweetheart Picture Holder for free.
Pottery Barn Kids
Stop by any PBK location and check out their free Valentine’s Day Card making station.
Admission and supplies are free.
Sponsored by Bright Horizons Foundation for Children
Have A Heart Day
Sci-Quest, Hands on Science Center
Have a Heart Day Feb. 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visitors will enjoy a day of heart-related activities including making their own blood and learning more fun facts about this amazing muscle and organ! All activities are included with general admission.
1. Izzo’s Illegal Burrito – BOGO free entree after 5 p.m. Dine in only. Print or show on mobile device. Coupon valid Feb. 14 only. Go here to print or save to your phone’s picture roll.
2. McDonald’s – Your order could be free if you’re randomly selected to perform a task like dancing, hugging someone, calling someone to say I love you etc. If you are chosen and complete the simple task you could get your order free. Go here to see the offer. Valid at participating locations only.
Here’s the fine print: Ends 2/14/15 Go to www.mcdonalds.com/pwlrules for complete details. Not available in Drive Thru. Void where prohibited.
4. Steak ‘n Shake – Buy $10 gift card get a free Valentine’s red velvet or chocolate covered strawberry milkshake. Go here for more info. Offer ends Feb. 15.
5. Sbarro – Buy one get one free slice of pizza valid at participating locations, Feb. 14 only. Go here to get the coupon.
6. Bojangles – Heart shaped bo-berry biscuits 99 cents for two, ends Sunday. Go here.
Local folks – Presidents Day event
Admission: $5 (this is a once a year deal)
11:30 a.m. – Enlist in Washington’s Army (Encampment)
Noon – Birthday cake with George Washington(steps of Washington Hall)
12:30, 1:30 p.m. – Meet George Washington (Mount Vernon Room)
1p.m. & 2 p.m. – Take part in a Colonial muster and drill with Washington’s army (Encampment)
1 p.m. & 3 p.m. – Hear Patrick Henry: Trumpet of the Revolution (Colonial Chapel)
1:30, 3:30 p.m. – Play 18th Century games (Constitution Green)
1:30, 3:30 p.m. – Meet Thomas Jefferson (Assembly Room)
2 p.m. – Colonial Crime and Punishment(Courthouse)
2 p.m. – Call to Washington (Mount Vernon Room)
2:30 p.m. – Phillis Wheatley: A Poet’s Journey(Founders Hall)
3 p.m. – Revolutionary Women and Fashion (Mount Vernon Room)
Throughout the day: Visit the Oval Office, the Colonial Chapel, the Randall Museum, the Liberty Bell Garden and Constitution Green. Experience the National Veterans Shrine and Register of Honor.
Visit www.birmingham365.org for a massive list of options for Birmingham.
Lagniappe Mobile has a round-up of events happening in their area.
Go here to check out the city calendar.
North Alabama events:
Our Valley Events has a round-up of Huntsville area specific events for this weekend.
Fresh Air Family events
Free to moderate cost outdoor events calendar.
State travel calendar:
Go here for the official travel site of Alabama for calendar events happening across the state.