Saving tax on crayons is cool but what we are all interested in, is saving money on the $50 shoes, $100 worth of clothing and especially computers up to $750.
Here are some quick tips to try and snag savings on the bigger ticket items even if you’re not shopping for school reasons:
1. Look for deals on software, computer items and calculators – Online retailers will automatically deduct the tax when the item is shipped to an Alabama address.
2. Don’t forget to check retailmenot.com for coupon codes, shop through ebates.com to get cashback and look on Amazon for clipable coupons or deals of the day each day. 3. To avoid overspending be sure to take inventory of all the items you can reuse from the previous school year.
Bonus tip for Target fans:
Target is offering an awesome deal to stack with the Tax Holiday savings.
Get a coupon to use in-store or online good for 15% off discount to teachers, day care teachers and homeschool teachers through July 20.
Items included in the discount:
- Disinfecting wipes
- Facial tissue
- Hand sanitizer
- Women’s apparel, accessories & shoes
- Men’s apparel, accessories & shoes
- School supplies
- Classroom storage & organization
- Bullseye’s Playground
- Pillowfort furniture
- Food storage bags
Participating counties and rates information can be found here.